News and Events
The Health Care Disciplinary Process
Natalie McSherry authored an article addressing recent developments in the disciplinary process for Health Care professionals and addresses challenges affecting disciplinary reform. What are the specific process challenges, today, since the establishment of, and recommendations from, the Task Force on Discipline of Health Care Professionals and Improved Patient Care?
Published in the Maryland Bar Journal, and co-authored with Marc Cohen, the article reports on decisions, goals and challenges of the Task Force such as:
- improved public information and communication in the disciplinary process;
- equality and rational basis in Board sanctions;
- fairness and due process concerns; and
- speedy resolution of cases.
Natalie and Marc also outline what remains to be considered in disciplinary reform, and related developments in health care legislation governing the Maryland Board of Physicians.
- The Health Care Disciplinary Process Maryland Bar Journal, March 2013 edition