News and Events
A Legal Primer for Cyclists
Cyclists today feel more vulnerable than ever. The cyclist-motorist relationship is at an all-time low. In the past five years, Maryland has seen 3,800 car-bike crashes. Thirty riders have been killed and another 3,100 have been injured. Our cycling community has become, unfortunately, all too familiar with these tragedies. Each of these incidents presents complicated legal issues and raise important questions about the safety and legal rights of cyclists.
Please join us for a lively discussion of these important issues. David J. Shuster, Esq., Managing Partner of Kramon & Graham, will lead the discussion. Dave is a cyclist and represents clients in serious injury claims. Moderated by Liz Cornish, Executive Director of Bikemore, with special guest speaker Joe Traill of Joe's Bike Shop, the presentation will cover:
- The cyclist-motorist relationship
- The police response to accidents
- Criminal sanctions and civil liability
- Protection of cyclists – is enough being done?
- Infrastructure – controversial solutions for safer bike travel
- Cyclists' recourse in the event of an accident
- Advocating for yourself and your riding partner in the event of an accident
Wednesday, April 13, 2016
Roland Park Country School
5204 Roland Ave., Balto., MD 21210
Send any questions about cycling advocacy that you would like addressed during the presentation to email@example.com